Emergency services in Salt Lake City, Utah
Located in Salt Lake City, Utah, the St. Mark's Hospital ER is open 24/7 to provide quality healthcare when it matters most. Our staff has decades of experience handling minor and major medical emergencies, including heart attacks, strokes and orthopedic injuries. We also know that no one wants to stay at the hospital for long, so we do our best to ensure your stay is as comfortable and short as possible.
If you think you may be experiencing a medical emergency, call 911.
Our emergency services
We offer advanced emergency services and resources that include:
- A Level II Trauma Center at St. Mark's Hospital, as verified by the Utah Department of Health's Bureau of Emergency Medical Services and Preparedness.
- Emergency airlift services via our AirCare helicopter ambulance, offering safe, efficient transport to St. Mark’s Hospital for patients needing medical air transport from the surrounding areas
- Life-saving, in-transit heart attack care
- Pediatric-friendly emergency care, including special equipment as well as pediatric-trained physicians and nurses
- Freestanding ER in Taylorsville City, open 24/7 and providing comprehensive, hospital-based emergency services
- Freestanding ER in West Valley, providing excellent emergency medical care as a fully equipped, emergency care facility
For more information or non-emergency questions about our services, call St. Mark’s Hospital at (801) 268-7129.
What to expect in our ER
When you arrive at our ER, a triage nurse will evaluate you. The purpose of triage is to sort and prioritize patients according to complaint and symptoms presented. You will then go through the following steps:
- The nurse will ask you a few questions, such as:
- What medications are you taking?
- What allergies do you have?
- What is the name of your doctor?
- The nurse will collect other important information, including:
- Your medical history
- Your vital signs (e.g., blood pressure, pulse, respiration and temperature)
- Your birth date and/or Social Security number (to pre-register your information)
- Your signature on a consent form, allowing the ER staff to treat you
- You will receive medical attention according to the seriousness of your symptoms, illness or injury, as determined
by the triage nurse.
- After you are assigned to a room in the ER, a nurse and a physician will evaluate you.
- Registration is completed at the bedside for your comfort and convenience.
- If the ER doctor deems it necessary, you will be admitted into the hospital for surgery or ongoing observation.
Your ER costs will vary based on your insurance, although you can expect to owe the ER copayment as listed on your insurance card, if applicable, or $110 deposit for self-pay patients.
Avg ER Wait Times
|ER Location||Avg Wait|
|St Mark's Hospital||min|
Contact our ER
Location: St. Mark's Hospital's Central Medical Building, ground floor
Call ER Admissions: (801) 268-7128
Emergency care at MountainStar Healthcare
Emergency care is the treatment of emergent medical conditions. It is generally performed in an emergency room, but can also refer to treatment in an ambulance. Emergency medicine physicians may treat patients with injuries or infections, in addition to life-threatening conditions.Learn about Emergency care
- Brigham City Community Hospital
- Cache Valley Hospital
- Herriman Emergency Center
- Lakeview Hospital
- Lone Peak Hospital
- Mountain View Hospital - Payson
- Ogden Regional Medical Center
- Pleasant View Emergency Center
- St. Mark's Hospital
- Taylorsville Emergency Center
- Timpanogos Regional Hospital
- West Valley Emergency
- Westlake Emergency Center