Level II Trauma Center in Salt Lake City, Utah
St. Mark's Hospital in Salt Lake City, Utah, is designated as a Level II Trauma Center by the Utah Department of Health's Bureau of Emergency Medical Services and Preparedness. Our trauma center differs from a normal ER in several ways, namely that we utilize a quality assessment program and provide back-up trauma care to rural and community hospitals. We also maintain transfer agreements with other hospitals for patients who need more comprehensive, Level I Trauma Center care.
For more information, call St. Mark's Hospital’s trauma team at (801) 268-7129.
Specialized trauma treatment
People who are severely injured need fast access to specialized treatment, resources and equipment. For this reason, teams at our hospital work closely with local emergency medical services (EMS) providers to deliver coordinated, specialized trauma care. This cooperation of all healthcare providers statewide allows us to offer a coordinated approach to reducing unnecessary disabilities and deaths from traumatic injuries.
Emergency medical support
The St. Mark's Hospital ER is open and staffed with emergency and trauma surgeons 24/7. They have decades of experience handling complex medical emergencies—including heart attacks, strokes and orthopedic injuries—and performing trauma-related surgeries.
Our trauma services
Our Level II Trauma Center designation means we are able to offer you:
- Assessment, stabilization and interventions that are done quickly and efficiently
- Care that is coordinated and a treatment environment that is not chaotic
- Immediate access to everything you might need, including universal blood, upon arrival
- Improved short- and long-term patient outcomes
- Specially-trained trauma team members who each perform a focused, specific role