Maternity hospital in Payson, Utah
COVID-19 and Pregnancy - An Update for our Patients
We would like to take this opportunity to update you about your maternity care during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, and assure you that our dedicated team of expert nurses, physicians and midwives are committed to providing the safest and most effective care.
The Women's Center at Mountain View Hospital offers an experienced team of obstetricians (OBs), obstetrician gynecologists (OBGYNs) and high-risk pregnancy doctors. These experts work together with labor and delivery nurses and lactation specialists to support your birth plan and help you throughout your pregnancy, labor and delivery. However you wish to experience childbirth, our birthing center provides a comfortable environment for you to welcome your baby into the world in Utah County.
For more information about Mountain View Hospital's childbirth services, please call our Labor and Delivery Unit at (801) 465-7117.
Throughout your pregnancy, we are here to help you stay healthy and prepare for your birth experience. Some of our prenatal care services include:
- Antepartum testing
- Maternity classes
- High-risk pregnancy care (perinatology services)
- Preconception gestational diabetes support
- Social services support
Knowing what to expect when you're expecting can ease your anxiety and help you feel prepared for childbirth. To help you prepare for your little one's arrival, our maternity unit provides classes covering a variety of topics, including:
- Breathing and relaxation techniques
- Infant nutrition
- Labor and delivery process
- Newborn care
- Options for pain relief
- Physiological changes of pregnancy
- Role of birth partners
- Variations in childbirth, such as vaginal and cesarean section (C-section)
Tours of our Labor and Delivery Unit
We provide tours of our labor, delivery, postpartum and well-baby nursery areas. These tours are designed to give you an opportunity to get familiar with our childbirth center and ask any questions you may have about the birth process.
To schedule a tour, please fill out the form below or call (801) 465-7117.
Schedule a Tour
To schedule a tour of Mountain View Hospital Labor and Delivery, please complete this form.
The form was successfully sent.
There was an error with the form submission.
High-risk pregnancy care
When you need specialized support for a high-risk pregnancy, we provide comprehensive care. As part of that, our maternal-fetal medicine team collaborates to deliver a wide array of diagnostic tests and services.
To schedule a consultation with a maternal-fetal medicine physician, please call (866) 887-3999.
Our birthing center
However you decide to welcome your baby into the world, you'll give birth, rest and recover in a spacious, comfortable and beautiful private room. Our birthing rooms have a home-like atmosphere to help make your experience comfortable.
Below are some features of our Labor and Delivery Unit:
- Every birthing suite is equipped with a birthing bed, sleeper sofa and rocking chair.
- Internet access and a TV will have you feeling right at home.
- Medical equipment that might be needed during your baby's birth is close by but concealed for a more peaceful experience.
- We offer 24/7 visiting hours in the Labor and Delivery Unit.
- We provide a variety of pain management options to suit your preferences, including 24-hour epidural coverage, walking during labor, birthing balls and movement to find positions of comfort while in labor.
Our visitor policy is constantly evolving during the COVID-19 pandemic. Currently, only visitors 18 years old and older are permitted to visit the Women's Center.
Personalized labor and delivery care
At Mountain View Hospital, you can design a birth experience to suit your needs and preferences. Some of our amenities and options include:
- Flexible visiting hours
- In-room accommodations for support person
- Medicated birth, such as with an epidural
- Natural birth
- Vaginal birth
- Vaginal birth after C-section (VBAC)
Pain relief methods
- Breathing techniques
- IV pain control
- Standard epidural
Labor and delivery options
- Cord blood options
- Doulas welcome
- Lighting preferences
- Placenta options
- Skin-to-skin contact (even after C-section)
- Umbilical cord cutting
Infant care amenities and options
- Advanced infant security
- Baby can room-in or sleep in the nursery
- Formula welcome
- Lactation support available
- Pacifiers welcome
- Dine on demand
- Special hospital gowns
- VIP/luxury suite
- Adoption support
- Surrogacy support
Following delivery, you will have your own private room with the option of having your newborn by your bedside or in the nursery, when you need to rest. If you choose to breastfeed, our lactation consultants are available to help you and your baby learn successful techniques.
Our goal is to help you begin your recovery, learn to care for your baby and prepare for your transition home. As part of this, some of our postpartum support services and amenities include:
- Infant hearing screening
- Lactation support
- Newborn education channel
- Personalized care and support
Postpartum depression support
Many women experience postpartum depression within the first year of their babies' births. If you think you may have postpartum depression, we are here for you with complete behavioral health services. Talk to your OBGYN about the symptoms and treatment options available in our family of hospitals.
If you have an inability to care for your newborn, you can give up custody anonymously at any hospital in Utah, including ours—which is a Utah Newborn Safe Haven facility. Together with Utah Newborn Safe Haven, we are here to help.
Labor and delivery at MountainStar Healthcare
Just as every baby is unique, so is every delivery. As your partner in care, we provide a customized birthing experience that begins long before your first contraction and continues well after delivery.Learn about Labor and delivery
- Brigham City Community Hospital
- Cache Valley Hospital
- Lakeview Hospital
- Lone Peak Hospital
- Mountain View Hospital - Payson
- Ogden Regional Medical Center
- St. Mark's Hospital
- St. Mark's Hospital - Women's Services
- Timpanogos Regional Hospital