Cardiovascular specialty care in Payson, Utah
Mountain View Hospital offers a wide range of specialty cardiovascular services for adults with conditions that affect your heart and blood vessels. From testing and treatment to prevention and rehabilitation, our experienced and highly skilled staff take care of your unique needs.
For more information about Mountain View Hospital’s cardiology services, call us at (855) 413-7829.
Advanced heart care services
We have enhanced our cardiac care processes to meet or exceed strict national standards and have demonstrated expertise caring for patients with heart disease. As a result, our hospital is designated as an accredited Chest Pain Center. This means:
- We can treat heart attacks during the critical early stage, when treatment is most effective and potentially lifesaving.
- Our average time to get you treated once you arrive is 68 minutes, well below the national standard of 90 minutes.
- Our emergency care services include a pre-hospital 12-lead EKG system. It allows your heart activity to be sent to our teams while you are in transit to our hospital. Then we are equipped and staffed to treat you before you even arrive.
Cardiac catheterization laboratory (cath lab)
Our cardiac cath lab plays a key role in the diagnosis and treatment of heart disease as well as the prevention of strokes and heart attacks. Here, a cardiologist leads our team of registered nurses, respiratory therapists and cardiovascular technicians.
Patients are referred to the cath lab only by their internist or cardiologist.
Our cardiac cath lab program follows guidelines from the American Heart Association (AHA) and the American College of Cardiology (ACC). We also report data on and standardize our program against the ACC CathPCI Registry and ICD Registry every quarter.
Diseases and conditions we treat
Mountain View Hospital’s comprehensive program offers proven and innovative therapies for the following specific heart and vascular conditions:
- Atrial fibrillation (AFib)
- Coronary heart disease
- Heart attack and chest pain
- High blood pressure
- Heart failure
- Heart valve disease and disorders
- High cholesterol
- Irregular heartbeat (arrhythmias)
- Obesity-related heart complications
- Peripheral artery disease (PAD)
- Peripheral vascular disease
Treatments for heart conditions
Several of the following innovative cardiovascular procedures are only available at Mountain View Hospital and other MountainStar Healthcare facilities, including:
- Mini-maze surgery for AFib
- Septal defect closure
- Thoracic endoprosthesis for abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA)
- Transmyocardial revascularization (TMR)
Cardiovascular interventional procedures
We offer many surgical and minimally invasive robot-assisted procedures for heart conditions. Some of these treatments include:
- Coronary angioplasty (available in the cardiac cath lab)
- Coronary artery bypass
- Coronary atherectomy
- Coronary stenting (available in the cardiac cath lab)
- Coronary thrombectomy (available in the cardiac cath lab)
- Endomyocardial biopsy (available in the cardiac cath lab)
- Intra-aortic balloon pump (available in the cardiac cath lab)
- Maze and mini-maze procedures
- Open-chest maze procedure for AFib
- Pericardiocentesis (available in the cardiac cath lab)
- Peripheral angioplasty (available in the cardiac cath lab)
- Peripheral atherectomy
- Renal angioplasty (available in the cardiac cath lab)
- Septal defect closure (available in the cardiac cath lab)
- Transmyocardial revascularization (TMR)
- Valve repair and replacement
We offer electrophysiology services to monitor and learn from your heart's electrical activity. Some of these services include:
- 3D mapping
- Device lead extraction
- Elective cardioversion (available in the cardiac cath lab)
- Event recorder implantation (available in the cardiac cath lab)
- Implantable cardioverter-defibrillator (ICD)
- Pacemaker implantation (available in the cardiac cath lab)
- Radiofrequency ablation
Our cardiac rehabilitation program helps those who are recovering from heart surgery or a heart event, such as a heart attack. It offers the environment you need to recover and reach your health maintenance goals. You will participate in supervised exercise as well as science-based educational activities. This will help strengthen your heart muscle while teaching you about ways to manage your risk factors, stress and overall heart health.
Your rehabilitative sessions will last roughly an hour and a half, typically occurring three times a week for twelve weeks.
Who can participate in cardiac rehab
All heart patients are invited to participate. For example, if you have experienced a heart attack, undergone surgery or are at risk for heart disease, you may benefit from our comprehensive program.
Joining cardiac rehab
Your physician must refer you to our cardiac rehabilitation program by letter or phone call. They will be kept informed about your progress through monthly reports and direct communication, as needed.
Cost of cardiac rehab
Most insurance companies, including Medicare, cover a large portion of the program. Should your insurance company request it, we can provide them with a letter and program services description. We recommend you confirm coverage with your insurance company prior to enrollment.
Cardiology at MountainStar Healthcare
Cardiology is the medical treatment of the heart and parts of the circulatory system as they relate to the heart. Cardiologists specialize in diagnosing and treating conditions related to the cardiovascular system.Learn about Cardiology