Hospitalist care in Salt Lake City, Utah
St. Mark's Hospital is committed to consistently delivering high-quality patient care in Salt Lake City, Utah. Our hospitalists are among the many medical professionals helping us to meet this important goal.
For more information about our hospitalist care at St. Mark's, please call (801) 268-7111.
What is a hospitalist?
At St. Mark's Hospital, hospitalists and pediatric hospitalists are board certified internal medicine physicians that specialize in caring for the unique needs of hospitalized patients.
When you need medical treatment that requires an extended hospital stay at St. Mark's, one of our hospitalists will see you. The hospitalist will make sure that you receive the most appropriate care during your hospital stay, and your doctor will take over your continued care after discharge from the hospital.
Even if you do not have a primary care physician, you can depend on our hospitalists for superior care during your stay.
During your hospital stay, your hospitalist will:
- Review your previous medical history, current medications and special needs
- Evaluate and treat your medical condition
- Manage your daily care and help you recover
- Send frequent updates to your doctor
Benefits of our hospitalist program
The hospitalist program at St. Mark's Hospital provides patients and their families with the following benefits:
- Round-the-clock services; 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Personalized medical treatment in partnership with your primary care doctor
- More time for daily patient care
- Improved care by working closely with key hospital staff
- Quicker response if an unexpected medical situation occurs
- Prompt answers when you and your family have questions
- Efficient management of patient discharges