Frist Humanitarian Award
The Frist Humanitarian Award was created in 1971 to honor outstanding individuals for their humanitarian and volunteer activities. Named in honor of Dr. Frist, Sr., this award recognizes individuals who serve the community and those in need, and whose daily dedication and caregiving epitomize the highest standards of quality and personal commitment.
The Frist Humanitarian Award recognizes three HCA Healthcare affiliated individuals, including:
- An employee who goes beyond day-to-day responsibilities in his/her overall service to the community
- A volunteer who gives selflessly to the community and patients within our facilities
- A physician who displays a concern for the well-being of others beyond his/her day-to-day physician responsibilities
Excellence in Nursing Award
The Excellence in Nursing Award was created in 2014 to recognize the intrinsic value of the nursing practice in accomplishing our goal of providing the highest quality of care to the patients we serve. The award recognizes HCA Healthcare nurses who excel in the categories of Compassionate Care and Professional Mentoring.
The Excellence in Nursing Award recognizes two individuals including:
- A compassionate nurse who demonstrates exceptional nursing knowledge and expert skills, and consistently applies both with compassion and integrity, so the quality of the care experience and care outcomes are improved for patients in any clinical setting or nursing specialty.
- A mentoring nurse who advances nursing practice in any clinical setting or nursing specialty by guiding or supporting career development for individuals or groups of nurses, or by advancing evidence-based nursing knowledge.
We celebrate our nurses and are committed to recognizing the important work they do every day. Our HCA Excellence in Nursing Distinction awards recognize our nurses at the enterprise level, and celebrate nurses with awards at the local level. The HCA Excellence in Nursing Award for Compassionate Care honors a nurse whose knowledge and expert skills create a quality experience and foster improved outcomes for patients. Know someone who brings our mission to life?
Nominate a Nurse Today!
Compassionate Care - A nurse who demonstrates exceptional nursing knowledge and expert skills, and consistently applies both with compassion and integrity so that the quality of the care experience and the care outcomes are improved for patients in any clinical setting or nursing specialty.
3 ways to submit a nomination:
Please share the St. Mark's Hospital nurse name/department and why your nominee deserves to be recognized for the HCA excellence in nursing award.
Submit on Google
Submit on Facebook
Pick up and turn in, in the Main Lobby of St. Mark's Hospital.