MountainStar children's services along the Wasatch Front
At MountainStar Healthcare's hospitals, your child's health is our priority, and we treat every child like the individual star they are. With our expert pediatric physicians committed to supporting your child with exceptional and customized care, your child can go back to their day-to-day activities as quickly as possible.
For more information about our pediatric services or for help finding a doctor, call our free, 24/7 children’s nurse line at (435) 900-STAR(7827).
Our pediatric physicians are dedicated to offering your child high-quality care with a wide variety of specialties. If your child needs additional services from one of our hospitals, we can easily transfer them to ensure they get the right level of care. We will also make it as convenient as possible for you by transferring them back to your closest MountainStar Healthcare hospital when they are ready to return home.
Our expert pediatricians offer a variety of specialties:
- Allergy and immunology
- Bariatric surgery
- Behavioral health
- Craniofacial procedures and plastic surgery
- Critical care
- Ear, nose and throat (ENT)
- Orthopedic care
- Pediatric hospital care
Our pediatric surgeons, anesthesiologists, operating room technicians and pediatric-certified nurses are all committed to your child's care. The high-quality service our pediatric surgery provides includes:
- Craniofacial surgical programs at Lone Peak Hospital and Timpanogos Regional Hospital
- Close monitoring and specialized care in our pediatric intensive care unit
- Expert pediatric surgeons in specialty areas including ENT, emergency care, general surgery, orthopedics and plastic surgery
- Options for sedation as pediatric-trained radiologists conduct imaging tests at Ogden Regional Medical Center and Timpanogos Regional Hospital
- Pediatric-trained anesthesiologists
- The ability for parents to remain with their child before and right after surgery
Pediatric inpatient units
If your child needs extra care during an overnight stay, our pediatric physicians will be available 24/7 for immediate medical care and consultations. Our experts will develop a clearly defined plan to get your little one back home to you as soon as possible.
As part of that commitment, our pediatric inpatient services include:
- Child-friendly amenities, menu items and activities
- Collaboration with your child’s pediatrician
- Meals and sleeping arrangements for parents
- Occupational and physical therapists on-hand, as well as trusted social workers
- Personalized attention from friendly, pediatric-trained nurses
Child-friendly emergency care
Each of our ERs is child-ready to provide the fast, expert pediatric emergency care your child deserves. Timpanogos Regional Hospital and Ogden Regional Medical Center serve as our primary locations focusing on pediatric ER, however, all our ERs offer care for children. With locations across Utah, we offer MountainStar Healthcare ERs in Cache Valley, Brigham City, Bountiful, Draper, Ogden, Orem, Payson and Salt Lake City.
Social media tips for raising healthy kids
Follow @MountainStarChildrens on Instagram as your free resource for helping raise healthy kids. Our specially trained pediatric hospital physicians, pediatric nurses and other experts provide videos, blog content and other detailed advice as both pediatric health experts and parents who know what you’re going through.
You’ll find tips and detailed video content on topics such as:
- Avoiding dehydration
- Avoiding household accidents
- Fever fear
- Signs of serious head injuries
- Water safety
- When to be worried about a rash?
- When should I go to the ER?
Retrieving location data...