Outpatient mental health treatment centers across Wasatch Front
Our intensive outpatient programs (IOPs) serve as preventive measures to costly inpatient admission or as transitional steps from inpatient care to a less restrictive setting. They are designed to help individuals who do not require hospitalization but can benefit from participation in a structured therapeutic environment. This strategy addresses mental and emotional health needs and provides a supportive and caring environment.
For more information about our outpatient mental health services or for help finding a doctor, call our free, 24/7 Consult-A-Nurse line at (801) 715-4152.
Outpatient psychiatric services
We offer a variety of outpatient programs and services for adults. In general, IOPs involve longer periods of time in your treatment activities. We offer programs to help adults with a range of mental health problems, including advanced care for:
What to expect during outpatient care
Outpatient mental health programs typically involve spending certain amounts of time at a facility or the hospital, but residing at home throughout the course of treatment. This may involve attending appointments, classes, therapy sessions or other activities that are best suited to help you recover.
These will be part of your treatment plan and will help you:
- How certain people, places or events trigger unpleasant feelings, cravings or the desire to engage in poor choices
- What factors lead to poor decision making and the values driving unhealthy behavior
- Why certain decisions are made without thinking first
- Approaches to simplify life
- Motivation to improve life planning
- Techniques to improve mood
- Connections with others in a comfortable setting
- Planning to navigate challenges and obstacles in life
- Strategies to replace unhealthy choices with sustainable life skills
If you are in an emergency situation, including a situation in which harmful or suicidal behaviors are possible, call 911.
Outpatient mental health care locations
Retrieving location data...