A recommendation for surgery might seem a little scary to you and your child. That’s why we do everything we can to help our youngest patients feel as comfortable as possible before, during and after surgery. Rest assured; parents or another family member can stay with children for as long as possible before they go to the operating room with their pediatric surgery team.
At MountainStar hospitals across the Wasatch Front, your child will be in the extremely capable hands of our pediatric surgeons, anesthesiologists, operating room technicians, and pediatric-certified nurses. We offer comprehensive pediatric surgery options within our network of hospitals, including the following and much more:
- Expert pediatric surgeons including critical care, ear, nose, and throat (ENT), orthopedics and plastic surgery
- Pediatric-trained anesthesiologists at most MountainStar hospitals
- Options for sedation as pediatric-trained radiologists conduct imaging tests at Ogden Regional Medical Center and Timpanogos Regional Hospital
- Parents can remain with their child before surgery and right after surgery too
- Craniofacial surgical program at Lone Peak Hospital and Timpanogos Regional Hospital
- Close monitoring and specialized care in our pediatric intensive care unit
Preparing your child for surgery at Timpanogos Regional Hospital
Preparar a su hijo para la cirugía en el Hospital Regional de Timpanogos
A Team Approach
Our team of pediatric specialists understand that doing everything possible to help children with craniofacial disorders can have a profound effect on their lives. Since these children are often challenged by a confusing array of problems that are often extensive, our specialists collaborate to best meet each child’s unique medical needs.
These highly trained craniofacial specialists are experts in treating children with cleft lip, cleft palate, craniosynostosis, and other craniofacial disorders. They discuss all aspects of a child’s development and develop an individual, comprehensive plan of care. Further, each specialist continuously advances their education in order to provide state-of-the-art interventions and treatment for children who need them.
The pediatric craniofacial teams at two hospitals offer coordinated care for the MountainStar Healthcare network:
Learn more about our comprehensive treatment for all craniofacial birth defects.
Our pediatric craniofacial nurse navigator is ready to help at (801) 545-8335.