Senior behavioral health services in Wasatch Front
As we age, especially after we retire, we typically look forward to some newfound freedom in which we are finally able to travel or spend time with our grandchildren and friends. For some, however, these days of contentment can be disrupted by emotional problems or challenging behavioral changes. MountainStar Healthcare's senior mental health specialists can help you overcome these obstacles.
For more information about our mental health services for seniors or for help finding a doctor, call our free, 24/7 Consult-A-Nurse line at (801) 715-4152.
Senior mental health services
We offer comprehensive behavioral care for seniors (typically 55 years old and older) at our hospitals, including:
- Senior mental health assessments
- Diagnostic and psychological testing, if needed
- Coordination of services by a psychiatrist-led, multidisciplinary treatment team of professionals
- Medication management by a licensed and board-certified psychiatrist
- Multiple therapy specialties, such as:
- Music therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Physical therapy
- Recreational therapy
- Speech therapy
- Discharge planning led by a licensed social worker
- Family meetings for education and aftercare planning
We welcome inquiries from family, friends and professionals who seek solutions to geriatric behavioral health issues.
Geriatric behavioral health center
The Geriatric Behavioral Health Center at Lakeview Hospital offers a short-term inpatient psychiatric program that meets the psychological and physical needs of seniors. Here, older adults can feel safe and comfortable while receiving compassionate behavioral care from our teams of experts.
Senior mental health locations
Retrieving location data...