Acute rehabilitation therapy services at Ogden Regional Medical Center
When people become sick or injured, our goal is to assist them in their recovery to regain independence and reach their full potential. Everything about our Acute Inpatient Rehabilitation Program is designed to provide comprehensive, integrated, interdisciplinary rehabilitation for our patients.
Here you will find highly experienced rehabilitation teams, including physical medicine and rehabilitation physicians as well as physical, occupational, speech and respiratory therapists. These experts work together to provide you with seamless rehabilitative care. They use advanced technologies and a wide range of therapeutic techniques to help you reduce pain, restore mobility, regain strength and improve your independence.
Undergoing physical rehabilitation in an in-patient hospital facility offers the comfort and assurance that all emergency services – should you need them - are only a few steps away. Outpatient facilities must call 911 in an emergency and then transport you to a hospital if needed.
What conditions do we treat?
- Guillain-Barre’ syndrome
- Degenerative neurological disorders (Parkinson’s disease, Multiple Sclerosis)
- Other Neurological Conditions
- Spinal Cord injury
- Brain injury
- Orthopedic injury (multiple trauma)
- Other debilitating conditions (cardiac, respiratory failure and sepsis
What can we help patients with?
- Difficulty walking, climbing stairs, getting out of bed, decreased vision, and sensory impairments
- Difficulty with dressing, bathing, and toileting
- Difficulty with swallowing
- Loss of coordination and balance
- Problems with speech, language, and communication
- Cognitive impairments (memory problems, problem solving and judgment problems.)
- Loss of bowel and bladder control
- Limitations due to pain
- Problems returning to work or everyday routine in the community.
How to get started with acute rehabilitation:
- Talk with your physician. We accept referrals from all sources
- We provide free pre-admission evaluation to determine if a patient is eligible for admission
- We are usually able to schedule an evaluation within one or two days of a referral
- Pre-admission team will complete insurance pre-authorization on your behalf
- All information is completely confidential
To qualify for Acute Rehabilitation a patient must:
- Have a medical condition
- Be able to tolerate 3 hours of therapy between PT, OT and ST
- Have intentions to be discharged to home or assisted living
Physical therapy and rehabilitation at MountainStar Healthcare
Rehabilitation refers to the process of helping a patient recover from a serious injury or illness. Patients often have to regain strength and learn new ways of completing normal, daily activities. Physical therapy, a branch of rehabilitation, focuses on building strength and mobility after disease, injury or surgery.Learn about Physical therapy and rehabilitation