Pediatric specialists in Utah County
At Timpanogos Regional Hospital in Oren, Utah, we make every child feel like a star and ensure they receive high-quality care. At Timpanogos Regional Hospital, every child is a star and receives high-quality care. By being conveniently located in Oren, you can count on the support and care from our pediatrics team. From the emergency room to extended-stays, you can trust us with your child's healing.
For more information about Timpanogos Regional Hospital's pediatric services, call us at (801) 714-6000.
Specialized pediatric care
Every child is unique, and that's why we offer personalized pediatric care plans to meet your little ones' needs. Our pediatric unit provides a kid-friendly clinic with pediatric specialists in the following areas:
- Critical care
- Ear, nose and throat (ENT)
- Orthopedic care
Pediatric inpatient unit
If your child spends the night at our hospital, we make it our mission to fill it with some famous and friendly cartoon characters. We also provide meals and sleeping arrangements for parents so you don't have to leave your child’s side. Our pediatric-certified nurses pride themselves on their personalized attention to get your little one back home to their own bed.
Our pediatric unit treats conditions that require an extended stay in the emergency room (ER) and offers respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) suction, for respiratory distress. In addition to these services, this department also features:
- Child-themed recovery rooms
- Collaborative care between your child’s pediatrician and our pediatric intensivist
- Highly secure, locked-down pediatric unit
- Kid-friendly menu items
- Parent meals and sleeping accommodations
- Personalized attention from friendly, pediatric-trained nurses
- Patient-only playroom with toys and a digital gaming system
- Patient tablets and 24/7 children’s movies
Pediatric emergency care
Our ER is here to treat emergencies, both big and small. Our emergency pediatric care is available around-the-clock with expert pediatric services and immediate care.
Additional features offered at our ER, include:
- Activities to keep our little patients distracted during treatment
- Brightly colored, kid-friendly exam rooms
- Courage capes for your little superhero upon arrival
- Expert overnight care without being transferred to another hospital
- Family waiting area complete with children's movies and tablets
Pediatric intensive care
Our pediatric intensive care unit (PICU) is equipped to take care of children in the most critical conditions. Here, families receive exceptional pediatric care with our expert team. These critical care specialists have years of intensive pediatric training and are highly qualified in taking care of life-threatening diseases and injuries.
In our PICU, a critical care specialist is available 24/7 and works closely with your child's pediatrician to provide personalized care in a family-centered environment. Our PICU also offers:
- Accommodations for parents so you never have to leave your child's side
- Advanced life-support and continuous-monitoring technologies
- Direct access to pediatric specialists, including ENT doctors, cardiologists, orthopedists, radiologists and anesthesiologists
- Emergency surgery services
- Individual care from highly trained pediatric nurses and respiratory therapists
- Pediatric critical care physicians available 24/7
- Pediatric sedation to help your child be as comfortable as possible for procedures or imaging
- Pediatric support team of physical, occupational and speech therapists, dietitians, child life specialists and social workers
The thought of your child needing surgery may seem scary, but we are committed to doing everything we can to help you and your little one feel as comfortable as possible. After surgery, your child will be with a specialized team of pediatric nurses and staff, and you will have a seat right next to them at the recovery room.
Our pediatric surgery program offers:
- Ability for parents to be by your child’s side for as long as possible before and after surgery
- Child-friendly decorations in the pre- and post-surgery room
- Child-life specialists to make your child's visit as comfortable as possible
- Courage capes for your little superhero upon arrival
- Expert pediatric surgeons, including ENT and orthopedic surgeons
- Pediatric-trained anesthesiologists
- Plastic surgery and craniofacial procedures
Pediatric craniofacial program
Our craniofacial program provides specialized pediatric care to children with facial differences. Our pediatric specialists are supported by the only PICU in the Provo-Orem metropolitan area.
Treatments we offer include:
- Basic plastic surgery
- Cranial vault remodeling
- Helmet therapy
Whether it’s an X-ray, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) or computerized tomography (CT) scan, we will do everything in our power to make your child’s imaging experience as quick and fearless as possible.
Our pediatric imaging department features:
- Child-life specialists to make the procedure easier on you and your child
- Friendly, pediatric-trained radiologists and technicians
- High-tech imaging that limits exposure
- Low-dose radiation CT machine in the ER for a quicker, safer scan
- Pediatric sedation on longer procedures for younger children
Pediatrics at MountainStar Healthcare
Pediatrics is the medical care of children, this ranges from infants to adolescents. Pediatricians are specially trained to treat behavioral problems, mental health issues and diseases as they relate to children. Pediatric care includes well check-ups, vaccinations and much more.Learn about Pediatrics