Cardio-oncologists in eastern Utah
Cardio-oncology focuses on patients who have cancer and either have or are at risk of developing heart health issues. This is a specialty field of care in which our fundamental goal is to work with your cancer care team to eradicate cardiac disease as an obstacle to successful cancer therapy. We understand the connection between stress, cancer, cancer treatments and heart health. It enables us to offer advanced services to help you heal and recover as quickly and effectively as possible.
For more information about our cardio-oncology services or for help finding a doctor, call our free, 24/7 Consult-A-Nurse line at (801) 715-4152.
Our specialized cardiologists assess you for the potential risk of developing or worsening heart conditions prior to, during and after cancer treatments. Our teams will follow closely along with your oncologists to provide early detection of these conditions. They will also help prevent or reduce cardiac issues, if possible, and ultimately improve your treatment outcomes.
Cardio-oncology program at Ogden Regional Medical Center
Ogden Regional Medical Center provides cardio-oncology care in a comprehensive heart care program that aims to:
- Eliminate cardiac disease as a barrier to effective cancer therapy
- Ensure better outcomes for patients who have both cancer and cardiac issues
- Provide earlier detection of toxic, heart-related side effects from cancer treatments
- Prevent or reduce further cardiac damage and, when possible, reverse it
- Monitor patients with potential cardiac issues who are receiving cancer treatments
Learn more about cardio-oncology at Ogden Regional Medical Center, call (801) 479-2570.