Breast care centers across the Wasatch Front
At MountainStar Healthcare, our breast care centers offer advanced digital and 3D mammography technology to protect your health. Our renowned specialists and certified technologists are dedicated to making you feel safe and secure in our welcoming environment, as you are our priority.
To schedule a mammogram at a MountainStar Hospital near you, call (844) 481-0262.
Women's imaging centers
Mammograms are the gold standard for breast cancer detection and are recommended for all women who are 40 to 74 years old, or younger, if recommended by their doctor. That is why we offer advanced 3D mammograms (tomography). They provide a series of detailed images of the breast which allows a physician to better evaluate breast tissue, layer by layer. This procedure makes fine details more visible, ensuring they are no longer hidden by overlapping tissue.
We are proud to offer these and other specialized imaging services at most of our MountainStar Healthcare hospitals.
Accredited imaging centers
The American College of Radiology gold seal of accreditation is awarded only to facilities meeting practice and technical standards after a peer-review evaluation by board-certified physicians and medical physicists. All MountainStar Healthcare hospitals have this distinguished accreditation.
Mammogram preparation tips
If you have an upcoming mammogram appointment, preparing ahead of time can make you more comfortable and expedite your appointment. Here are some steps you can take before your appointment:
- Bring your insurance card.
- If you have health insurance, mammograms are considered a free preventive measure under most insurance providers.
- Do not apply deodorant, powder or lotion on or around the breast or underarm areas.
- Wear a two-piece outfit.
Specialty dense breast mammograms in Utah
Lakeview and Mountain View Hospital are some of the first in Utah to offer the only automated ultrasound system approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) as an additional screening tool for women with dense breasts. This new breast ultrasound screening combines with proven technology to better detect smaller cancers in dense breasts. It also does not expose women to radiation and captures images of the entire breast area.
In addition to this ultrasound system, we provide:
- Breast ultrasound biopsies and stereotactic breast biopsies
- Bone density scans
- State-of-the-art 3D mammogram services
We also offer:
- Breast cancer support groups
- Genetic counseling for high-risk patients
- Information about risk factors, symptoms and early detection
- Physician referrals
Breast health at MountainStar Healthcare
From regular checkups and screenings to the latest imaging technologies and treatments, you can access all our expert breast care services at our convenient location.Learn about Breast health
- Brigham City Community Hospital
- Cache Valley Hospital
- Lakeview Hospital
- Lone Peak Hospital
- Mountain View Hospital - Payson
- Ogden Regional Medical Center
- St. Mark's Hospital
- St. Mark's Hospital - Women's Services
- Timpanogos Regional Hospital