Welcome family, friends
Several units may have special visiting policies. Please ask your nurse about the visiting hours in your area. When you do have visitors, your sensitivity and courtesy to other patients is greatly appreciated.
While you are in the hospital, your visitors will have access to lounges nearby. Your sensitivity and courtesy in sharing these areas is important for everyone.
Visitors are welcome to dine in the hospital cafeteria, or vending machines are located nearby patient care areas. Cafeteria hours are as follows:
- Breakfast: 7:30am - 10:00am
- Lunch: 11:00am - 2:00pm
- Dinner: 5:00pm - 7:00pm
To promote health for patients, families, and staff, Timpanogos Regional Hospital is a smoke–free facility. We ask that you refrain from smoking inside the hospital.
At Timpanogos Regional Hospital, we utilize a phone service for interpretation needs. If you do not speak English, we will happily assist you by calling an interpreter.
Patient experience & customer service - please call (801) 714-6047
Stay connected with Wi–Fi internet access
With Timpanogos Regional Hospital’s high–speed, wireless Internet access, you have fast reliable access to browsing the Internet and email during your hospital visit.
To connect to Wi–Fi wireless, high-speed Internet service offered at Timpanogos, follow these simple steps:
- Start with your Wi–Fi enabled device turned off.
- Turn your device on and ensure that it is connected to the “Guest_Access” SSID / Network Name.
- Launch your Web browser. You should see the “Guest_Access” Welcome Page. Select your connection option. If you do not see the “Guest_Access” Welcome Page, you may need to configure the SSID or Network Name to “Guest_Access”.
- You are now connected and can launch your VPN, email or other Web software.
Chaplain support for patients and their families
Timpanogos Regional Hospital provides pastoral care services for the spiritual and emotional needs of patients and their families. We understand how important this support means to patients and loved ones when facing the news of a new diagnosis or when dealing with the anticipation of death, grief and loss.
If you would like to request a chaplain visit, please call (801) 714-6584.
Pastoral care services
Sometimes our chaplains serve as facilitators of communication among patients, family members and our hospital medical staff and physicians. Chaplains are available to help with the following:
- Provide a listening ear
- Assist with tough decision-making
- Provide support in a strange place
- Provide a prayer, sacraments and devotional materials
- Contact local clergy and family
- Help with ethical consultation
- Assist with completing advance directives (living wills) and intervening on the patient’s behalf
The chaplain makes daily rounds and is available 24 hours a day to patients and staff. Although chaplains are not a “conventional” member of the healthcare team or of the patient’s family, chaplains can objectively provide crisis intervention counseling and support.
The pastoral care team supports area clergy in responding to the spiritual and emotional needs of patients and families. They respond to the needs of other caregivers and collaborate with them in their service to patients and families. In their communications with others, confidentiality is maintained and the patient’s right to privacy is upheld.