Indoor air pollution may be invisible, but it's not harmless. To determine if your home's air is healthy, take this quiz from the American Lung Association.
If you answer "yes" to any of these questions, you may need to take steps to upgrade your home's air quality.
- Does your breathing improve when you leave your house?
- Have you recently remodeled, painted or installed new flooring or furniture?
- Have you recently seen more than one cockroach in your home?
- Can you see or smell mold or mildew?
- Does anyone smoke inside your house?
- Has it been more than a year since you serviced your fuel-burning appliances (gas stove, water heater, fireplace)?
- Do you have an attached garage or basement where you store vehicles or lawn equipment?
- Do you store household chemicals, solvents or paints in your home?
- Has it been more than a year since you tested your home for radon?