Want to give holiday gifts that promote health and wellness this year? Here are a few gift ideas for every budget.
- For foodies, fill small jars from the dollar store with homemade spice mixes like pumpkin pie spice, creole seasoning or a fajita blend. Visit Pinterest.com for recipes.
- Make potpourri bags. In a plastic bag, add a half-cup of dried cranberries, three dried orange slices, 4 halved cinnamon sticks, one tablespoon cloves and 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg. Add a gift tag with instructions to mix with three cups of water in a small pot and simmer over low heat to create a scent-sational holiday ambiance.
$20 or Less
- For the friend who's always buying disposable water bottles, buy a BPA-free reusable bottle. Look for one you can add ice to and easily wash.
- For workout buddies, give cooling neck towels or headbands.
- We may be tooting our own horn, but we think an H2U membership is a great gift that includes our quarterly magazine, online health tools, dental, vision and hearing discounts, and other money-saving benefits. All for $20 a year!
$50 or Less
- Creative cooks will appreciate a healthy cookbook like "The Easy 5-Ingredient Healthy Cookbook" by registered dietitian Toby Amidor. Make it a gift basket by including recipe ingredients or small kitchen gadgets. (Just make sure you get an invite to dinner in return!)
- Pull your grandkids away from their screens with a cornhole set or other outdoor games. Bundle up after dinner for some friendly backyard competition!