HCA Healthcare is committed to helping the next generation of caregivers launch a rewarding career in healthcare.
In an effort to nurture the pipeline of healthcare professionals in Utah, we’re introducing the Caregivers of Tomorrow Sponsorship program for colleagues who are enrolled in or accepted to designated higher education programs and who plan to complete their academic practice at HCA Healthcare’s eight Utah hospitals, known locally as MountainStar Healthcare.
The sponsorships currently available are:
- The Caregivers of Tomorrow Nursing Sponsorship, open to Westminster College School of Nursing students entering their final semester who are employed/hired as full-time or part-time Registered Nurse Apprentices (RNA).*
- The Caregivers of Tomorrow Surgical Technology Sponsorship, open to students accepted into the Surgical Technology program at Davis Technical College and employed/hired as full-time or part-time* colleagues at one of the eight MountainStar Healthcare hospitals from Logan to Payson.
If you are not currently employed at a MountainStar Healthcare facility, please visit our careers website to learn more about opportunities to join our team of skilled, passionate healthcare professionals.
*Part-time status = at least 36 hours min per pay period
|Sponsorship Application Deadline||May 1st
|Hospital Sponsorship Selection Committee Review Deadline||May 15th
|Division Sponsorship Selection Committee Review Deadline||May 31st
|Notification to Hospital, Applicant, and School||June 15th
|Program Start Dates||August
|Program/Sponsorship Length||Last Semester in RN School||15 months
|Sponsorship Amount||Last semester tuition/fees covered (after other financial aid applied) up to $20,000||Full tuition/fees (up to $4,200) covered|
How to apply
Individuals who are employed by a MountainStar Healthcare facility (or have accepted an offer of employment) can submit their Caregivers of Tomorrow Sponsorship application by sending all applicable information to Blake Nemelka. Blake will help answer any questions, provide your application PDF and provide next steps.
Information to include with your completed application:
- Most recent unofficial academic transcript (if applicable)
- Recommendation letter from your academic institution or immediate supervisor
- Most recent annual evaluation (if applicable)
- Two reference letters from non-family members that validate your overall academic achievement, career goals and community involvement
- Personal statement of 250-500 words explaining desire for sponsorship and professional goals.
- Documentation of any volunteer service and/or community involvement
For questions about applying for a sponsorship or other details about our programs, contact:
Blake Nemelka, Ph.D.
Vice President, Academic Affairs & Clinical Operations