Pain management center in Davis County
Lakeview Hospital's Neurology and Pain Center is committed to evaluating chronic conditions and recommending personalized treatment options. Chronic pain can limit your daily activity and pull you away from the things in life that you enjoy. Our pain management doctors can treat your pain with exceptional care and service.
For more information about Lakeview Hospital's Neurology and Pain Center services or to make an appointment, call us at (801) 299-6824 (OUCH).
Our pain management doctors are devoted to partnering in your care—treating everything from compression fractures to nerve injuries, lower back pain to whiplash. We are committed to providing high-quality service to every patient, every day.
Some of the conditions we treat include:
- Chronic regional pain syndrome (CRPS)
- Compression fractures
- Disc herniation
- Knee, shoulder and hip arthritis
- Low back pain
- Neck pain
- Nerve injuries
- Painful neuropathy
- Post-shingles pain
- Sacroiliac joint problems
- Spinal stenosis
- Trigeminal neuralgia
Treatments for pain
Our interventional pain management center offers various treatment options to control your pain. Along with specialists dedicated to developing a personalized plan that fits your needs.
Our expert treatment and management options:
- Epidural blood patch
- Epidural steroid block
- Facet joint injection
- Intercostal nerve block
- Lumbar sympathetic block
- Medial branch blocks for facet joint infections
- Radiofrequency (RF) lesioning
- Selective nerve root block
- Spinal cord stimulator
- Stellate ganglion block
After your treatment
When you receive treatment for chronic pain, it's essential to understand what you can expect when you return home. First and foremost, consult with your doctor about the side effects of any medications you will be given as part of your procedure as well as when you can resume your normal activities afterward.
Here are some general guidelines to keep in mind:
- If a medication is used, you should have decreased pain and possibly some numbness for roughly eight hours, and it can take up to a full week to receive the maximum benefit.
- There may be some pain and tenderness, but things should return to normal within one or two days. Icing the sensitive area for a maximum of 10 minutes or using a warm moist heat three to four times a day is usually recommended.
- You should not drive for at least 24 hours after your procedure. Please make arrangements for someone to drive you home. Resting and avoiding stress or physical work is highly recommended for the rest of the day.
- If you have an epidural, facet joint injection or transforaminal steroid injection, you may experience weakness and/or numbness in your arms or legs. Do not use stairs or engage in strenuous activities until the numbness has completely worn off and full strength has returned. Your arms or legs may be weak for up to eight hours.
If you experience any of these conditions after your procedure, please call our office during hours of operation or seek immediate help from a family physician.
- Adverse reaction to the medication
- Inability to move arms and legs completely
- Numbness or tingling that persists beyond 24 hours
- Severe headache
- Redness, swelling, drainage, or bleeding at the injection site
Visiting our pain center
Our certified experts focus on early evaluation and treatment to lessen your pain through a personalized plan that meets your unique needs. To continue to serve you in the most efficient way, please complete the forms below and bring them to your first appointment.
If you develop difficulty breathing or shortness of breath after your procedure, please call 911.
For additional information, call our pain management team at (801) 299-6824 (OUCH).
Pain management at MountainStar Healthcare
Pain management tools are often utilized in treating chronic pain, acute pain and pain associated with long-term illness, like cancer. It may include interventional procedures, medications, therapies, injections and more in an effort to manage pain.Learn about Pain management