At Cache Valley Hospital, we know every woman has a unique vision for her birth experience. That is why we provide a soothing, tranquil atmosphere equipped for numerous delivery options. Throughout your labor and delivery, our team respects your birth plan while keeping you and your baby safe and healthy.
For more information about Cache Valley Hospital's childbirth center or to schedule a tour, please call us at (435) 713-1371.
Childbirth preparation classes
Our maternity clinic's team wants to help you prepare for your birth experience. To do this, we offer free childbirth preparation classes, which provide both education and an opportunity for you to ask questions.
During these classes, we discuss topics such as:
- Pain management
- Postpartum care
- Newborn care
Labor and delivery tours
We also provide tours of our labor and delivery center. These tours are designed to help you familiarize yourself with our facility and amenities and learn what to expect when the big day arrives. Additionally, your tour guide is happy to answer any questions you may have about childbirth or our hospital.
To sign up for a tour, please call (435) 713-1371.
Features of our labor and delivery unit
Our six spacious birthing suites feature many comforts of home. They are specifically designed to enhance the birthing experience, support individual birth plans and enable the creation of lifelong memories.
Other features of our labor and delivery unit and birthing suites include:
- One-on-one nursing care, ensuring personalized encouragement and support
- State-of-the-art obstetric technologies
- On-site surgical suites for cesarean section (C-section) deliveries, if necessary
- 24/7 anesthesiology coverage for epidurals
- In-room glider rocker and flat-panel TV
- In-room accommodations for your labor partner, including a pull-out bed
- Space for family and loved ones to share in your birth experience
Personalized maternity amenities
You can design a birthing experience just right for you and your baby at our hospital. Our maternity amenities and labor and delivery options include:
- Flexible visiting hours
- In-room accommodations for support person
- Quiet time
- Medicated birth
- Natural birth
- Vaginal birth
- Vaginal birth after C-section (VBAC)
Pain relief options
- Breathing techniques
- Birthing balls
- Hot and cold therapy
- IV pain control
Labor and delivery options
- Cord blood options
- Doulas welcome
- Filming and photography welcome
- Immediate skin-to-skin contact
- Lighting preferences
- Partner can help "catch" baby
- Placenta options
- Music welcome
- Skype delivery
- Squatting bars
- Umbilical cord cutting
Infant care amenities
- Advanced infant security
- Baby can room-in or sleep in the nursery
- Formula welcome
- Lactation support available
- Pacifiers welcome
- Breast pump in room
- Celebratory meal
- Free photo session
- Special hospital gowns
- VIP/luxury suite
- Adoption support
- Surrogacy support
At Cache Valley Hospital, you will remain in the same private room during labor and recovery, with the option of having your newborn by your bedside or in the nursery while you rest. Our team provides abundant postpartum care and support throughout your stay with us.
Some of our postpartum services and amenities include:
- Breastfeeding support and education
- Celebratory lunch or dinner with your labor partner
- Complimentary diaper bag
- Handcrafted footprint keepsake
- Infant security system to protect your baby throughout their hospital stay
- Photo session with your newborn
Postpartum depression support
Many women experience postpartum depression after birth. This is why our family of hospitals provides postpartum depression support through our behavioral health services.
If you think you may have postpartum depression, talk to your OBGYN about the symptoms and treatment options. Seeking help is the first step to feeling better.
Our mental health specialists are available 24/7. To speak to one of our specialists about postpartum depression, please call (801) 268-7438.
Prenatal and postpartum physical therapy
Our hospital's physical therapy program offers specialized pregnancy and postpartum services. Physical therapy can help ease lower back pain and other symptoms of pregnancy. After pregnancy, physical therapy can help strengthen your pelvic floor muscles, which are often weakened by pregnancy and childbirth.
If you are not able to care for your newborn, you can give up custody anonymously at any hospital in Utah, including a Utah Newborn Safe Haven like ours. You're not alone—Utah Newborn Safe Haven is here to help.
Labor and delivery at MountainStar Healthcare
Just as every baby is unique, so is every delivery. As your partner in care, we provide a customized birthing experience that begins long before your first contraction and continues well after delivery.Learn about Labor and delivery
- Brigham City Community Hospital
- Cache Valley Hospital
- Lakeview Hospital
- Lone Peak Hospital
- Mountain View Hospital - Payson
- Ogden Regional Medical Center
- St. Mark's Hospital
- St. Mark's Hospital - Women's Services
- Timpanogos Regional Hospital