24-hour emergency care in Bountiful, Utah
The Lakeview Hospital emergency room (ER) in Davis County is open 24/7, offering advanced pediatric and adult care for all types of emergency medical conditions. We treat injuries, heart attacks, strokes and other serious and severe illnesses. To do this, we always have a fully qualified team of technicians, nurses and medical providers on-hand to diagnose and treat you quickly and effectively.
If you think you may be experiencing a medical emergency, call 911.
Our emergency care process
When you arrive at the ER, a nurse will ask you a few questions and evaluate you to determine the reason for your visit. This process is called "triage." You will receive medical attention according to the seriousness of your symptoms, illness or injury as determined during triage.
Our emergency services
We treat all types of medical emergencies in our ER, but some of the advanced services we offer include:
Heart attack care
Diagnosing heart attacks faster saves lives and reduces long-term damage to the heart. That's why our hospital emergency physicians and cardiologists partner with local emergency medical services (EMS) response teams to streamline heart attack diagnoses and treatments.
To do this, we use 12-lead electrocardiogram (EKG) technology in the ambulance on the way to the hospital. The EKG transmits a full view of the heart and its electrical activity to our ER doctors. They can then determine a treatment plan and prepare the staff and equipment before you arrive.
When you get to the ER, you will bypass triage and go straight to this treatment in our cardiac catheterization laboratory.
Intensive and critical care
Our intensive and critical care unit (ICU/CCU) is an eight-bed unit that combines coronary, medical and surgical care while providing intensive nursing services. Most patients in the ICU/CCU need cardiac-related care, but we also monitor patients recovering after surgery or those who are experiencing:
- Acute respiratory failure
- Complex critically-ill conditions
- Diabetic ketoacidosis
- Drug overdose
- Gastrointestinal (GI) bleeding
- Peripheral vascular disease
- Shock and trauma
- Stroke (cerebrovascular accident)
Our critical care team
The ICU/CCU is staffed by registered nurses (RNs). In severe cases, one nurse cares for one person. In less severe but still critical cases, one nurse may care for up to two people. These RNs are assigned to patients according to competency, experience and advanced training in the areas most relevant to the patient's needs.
These RNs and others on our expert critical care teams believe:
- A collaborative practice among healthcare professionals, patients and family members is essential for positive patient outcomes.
- Caring involves acts and attitudes of critical thinking and clinical competency.
- Clinical competence and professional development are achieved and maintained through continuing education.
- Patients are the reason we exist. Caring is critical in helping people maintain heath, effect healing and adapt to stressful experiences.
- Quality nursing care is every patient’s right and every nurse’s responsibility.
- Quality is the combination of clinical competence and the art of our commitment to caring.
Where to find the ICU/CCU
The ICU/CCU is in Lakeview Hospital at the north end of the third floor.
Pediatric emergency care
With extra training in pediatrics, our emergency teams diagnose and treat kids of all ages. We provide the right equipment to meet their needs, and we do our best to make sure you and your child are comfortable throughout your time in our care. This means we will keep you informed and we won't keep you waiting.
Avg ER Wait Times
|ER Location||Avg Wait|
Emergency care at MountainStar Healthcare
Emergency care is the treatment of emergent medical conditions. It is generally performed in an emergency room, but can also refer to treatment in an ambulance. Emergency medicine physicians may treat patients with injuries or infections, in addition to life-threatening conditions.Learn about Emergency care
- Brigham City Community Hospital
- Cache Valley Hospital
- Herriman Emergency Center
- Lakeview Hospital
- Lone Peak Hospital
- Mountain View Hospital - Payson
- Ogden Regional Medical Center
- Pleasant View Emergency Center
- St. Mark's Hospital
- Taylorsville Emergency Center
- Timpanogos Regional Hospital
- West Valley Emergency
- Westlake Emergency Center