Heart care and treatments in Bountiful, Utah
The heart care program at Lakeview Hospital provides evidence-based treatments and draws on the most current research and clinical practices. Here, we're able to care for patients who have heart disease and act quickly during a heart attack to reduce permanent damage to heart tissue and other organs. We also offer advanced diagnostics, treatments and rehabilitation to ensure your complete heart health.
For more information about Lakeview Hospital’s cardiology services, call us at (855) 413-7829.
Chest Pain Center
We are committed to ensuring timely diagnoses and delivering clinically proven care to patients who have arrhythmias, chest pain, heart failure and other heart conditions. To achieve this goal, we consistently meet or exceed stringent national standards and demonstrate a higher level of expertise when caring for patients with heart disease. Additionally, this high-quality, expert care has allowed us to achieve Chest Pain Center accreditation.
Specialized heart attack education and care
Heart attacks are the leading cause of death in the U.S., and when a sudden cardiac arrest occurs, heart attack is a common cause. That is why we encourage you, your family members, friends, co-workers and others to join our heart care teams in their life-saving efforts.
Here’s what you can do:
- Learn about your own heart health. Take our free heart health risk assessment and learn more about your personal cardiovascular health.
- Learn hands-only CPR. With only two easy steps, hands-only CPR can more than double a person’s chances of survival following sudden cardiac arrest. This easier-to-remember method is as follows:
- Step one—Call 911
- Step two—Push hard and push fast in the center of the person’s chest at the rate of 100 compressions per minute.
- Learn to recognize heart attack symptoms. When you see these signs of a heart attack in men and women, call 911.
American College of Cardiology's Accreditation Services
The American College of Cardiology's Accreditation Services confirms our ability to consistently deliver fast, effective evidence-based clinical services for atrial fibrillation, chest pain and heart failure care.
Cardiovascular conditions we treat
We can help you lead a healthy lifestyle, manage your risk for cardiovascular disease and care for conditions of your heart and blood vessels, including:
- Atrial fibrillation (AFib)
- Coronary artery disease
- Heart attack
- Heart failure
Diagnostic tests for heart and vascular conditions
We offer a range of technologically advanced services to diagnose heart and vascular conditions, including:
- 16-slice computed tomography (CT) fused heart scans
- Cardiac catheterization
- Computed tomography angiography (CTA)
- Electrocardiogram (EKG or ECG)
- Exercise stress test
- Intravascular ultrasound (IVUS)
- Nuclear medicine
- Peripheral angiography
- Pharmacologic stress test
- Renal angiography
- Segmental pressure, including ankle brachial index (ABI) testing
- Stress echocardiogram
- Transesophageal echocardiogram (TEE)
- Transthoracic echocardiogram (TTE)
Additional vascular testing
Our vascular specialists collaborate with colleagues in our family of hospitals along the Wasatch Front to offer a full spectrum of vascular services. When we cannot offer a test or treatment, we provide streamlined access to these procedures at Ogden Regional Medical Center or St. Mark’s Hospital:
- Intra-cardiac echocardiogram (ICE)
- Myocardial biopsy
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) for the heart
- Tilt table test
Improved heart attack diagnostics
We save lives and heart muscle by saving time and diagnosing heart attacks faster. That’s why our hospital emergency physicians and cardiologists have partnered with local medical response teams to streamline heart attack diagnosis and treatment processes. This allows us to get pre-hospital readings that help us diagnose heart attacks while you are in the ambulance on the way to the hospital.
Cardiac catheterization laboratory (cath lab)
The cardiac cath lab provides diagnostic and therapeutic services to help treat patients who are experiencing chest pain or complications from coronary artery disease.
Our cath lab is unique in that it’s supported by a staff of all registered nurses (RNs) as well as skilled radiology technologists who are certified through the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists. Together, they provide 24/7 diagnostic and interventional support to critical heart patients.
Services performed at the cardiac cath lab include:
- Coronary stent placement
- Fractional flow reserve (FFR)
- Intra-aortic balloon pump placement
- Intravascular ultrasound (IVUS)
- Pacemaker implantations and replacements
- Percutaneous transluminal coronary angioplasty (PTCA)
For patients who are recovering from a heart problem or procedure, our heart specialists are here to help. They will assist you in getting stronger and healthier, to reduce your risk of further cardiovascular problems.
For more information about Lakeview Hospital’s cardiac rehab services, call us at (801) 299-5997.
Our cardiac rehab program includes:
- Nutritional counseling about healthy eating habits
- Recognizing signs and symptoms
- Risk factor modification
Most insurance companies will generally cover cardiac rehab, but if you’re not sure about your coverage, talk with your insurance provider.
Who needs cardiac rehab
If you have had or do have any of the following, talk with your primary care physician or cardiologist about cardiac rehab:
- Coronary artery bypass graft
- Coronary artery disease
- Heart transplant
- Heart valve repair or replacement
- Myocardial infarction (MI)
- Percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI)
- Stable angina
Cardiology at MountainStar Healthcare
Cardiology is the medical treatment of the heart and parts of the circulatory system as they relate to the heart. Cardiologists specialize in diagnosing and treating conditions related to the cardiovascular system.Learn about Cardiology