At Brigham City Community Hospital, we know every woman has a unique vision for her birth experience. That is why we provide a soothing, tranquil atmosphere equipped for numerous delivery options. Throughout your labor and delivery, our team respects your birth plan while keeping you and your baby safe and healthy.
For more information about Brigham City Community Hospital's birth center or to schedule a tour, please call us at (435) 734-4136.
Through our hospital's prenatal care program, we help you prepare for your little one's arrival while keeping you and your baby healthy. We are here to help you create your birth plan and answer any questions you may have about labor and delivery.
Childbirth preparation classes
We offer free childbirth education classes, including training for mom and her birthing coach or support partner. Pre–registration is required.
During the class, we'll cover topics such as:
- Nutrition and healthy lifestyle
- Growth and development of your baby
- The emotional side of pregnancy
- What to expect during late pregnancy
- What to expect during labor
- Relaxation methods
- Breathing and pain control
- Vaginal and cesarean section (C-section) births
- Unexpected outcomes
- Breast and bottle feeding
- Maternal care following birth
- Infant care
To sign-up for a childbirth preparation class, please call (435) 734-4377 or register online.
Labor and delivery tours
Our childbirth services team provides labor and delivery tours to help you learn what to expect at the hospital and get familiar with our facility. The tour also provides an opportunity to ask our knowledgeable staff any questions you may have.
To schedule a labor and delivery tour, please call (435) 734-4136.
High-risk pregnancy care
A woman's pregnancy may be considered high risk for many reasons, from having a preexisting health condition to carrying multiples. If you have a high-risk pregnancy, we partner with the maternal-fetal medicine team at our sister facility, Ogden Regional Medical Center, to provide complete care.
Labor and delivery at our childbirth center
The nurses in our childbirth center are experts at providing compassionate, quality care to moms and babies. They use a family-centered approach to provide you with a comfortable and relaxing birth experience.
Some features of our labor and delivery unit include:
- Low patient-to-nurse ratio, ensuring close observation and attention
- Options for your family to be present for delivery
- Spacious and private birthing suites
- State-of-the-art central fetal monitoring system
- Pain management support and amenities to meet your preferences, such as:
- 24-hour epidural coverage
- Birthing ball use
- Movement to find positions of comfort during labor
- Walking during labor
Personalized birth services and amenities
At our hospital, you can design the birthing experience that is just right for you. Our maternity amenities and services include:
- Flexible visiting hours
- In-room accommodations for support person
- Medicated birth
- Natural birth
- Vaginal birth
- Vaginal birth after C-section (VBAC)
Pain relief options
- Breathing techniques
- Birthing balls
- Hot and cold therapy
- IV pain control
Labor and delivery options
- Cord blood options
- Doulas welcome
- Filming and photography welcome
- Immediate skin-to-skin contact
- Lighting preferences
- Placenta options
- Music welcome
- Skype delivery
- Umbilical cord cutting
Infant care amenities
- Advanced infant security
- Baby can room-in or sleep in the nursery
- Formula welcome
- Lactation support available
- Pacifiers welcome
- Breast pump
- Celebratory meal
- Adoption support
After the arrival of your little one, you and your baby receive complete care and support from our team. Your spacious and private room provides accommodations for your support partner as well as space for your newborn at your bedside. The nurses in our well-baby nursery are also available to care for your baby when you need to rest.
Some of our other postpartum care services and amenities include:
- Advanced infant security system to keep your baby safe
- Breastfeeding support from our lactation consultants (if you choose to breastfeed)
- Circumcision education and services
- Hearing tests for newborns
- Kernicterus prevention and jaundice testing and monitoring (light therapy when needed)
- Post-delivery celebratory meal
Postpartum depression support
Many women experience postpartum depression after childbirth. In fact, you are susceptible to postpartum depression even as long as one year after your baby is born. This is why our family of hospitals is dedicated to providing postpartum depression support through our behavioral health services.
If you think you may have postpartum depression, talk to your OBGYN about the symptoms and treatments. This condition is highly treatable, and seeking help is the first step to feeling like yourself again.
Our mental health specialists are available 24/7. To speak to one of our specialists about postpartum depression, please call (801) 268-7438.
Labor and delivery at MountainStar Healthcare
Just as every baby is unique, so is every delivery. As your partner in care, we provide a customized birthing experience that begins long before your first contraction and continues well after delivery.Learn about Labor and delivery
Retrieving location data...