Coming in 2023: New Patient Tower at St. Mark’s Hospital
Construction starts March 2021
The ER at St. Mark’s Hospital, and the rest of our patient care services, will remain open during the duration of this project. Some commonly used entrances will be disrupted. Please use this webpage as a refence for how to enter the hospital, as well as stay up-to-date on construction progress.
We are excited to expand our footprint with the construction of a new patient tower to help us better serve Salt Lake County and the surrounding communities! This project will allow us to increase the size of our patient rooms, while continuing our commitment to provide exceptional patient care and experience. Construction of the new tower will conclude at the end of 2023.
Here are some important dates and how construction will impact hospital access (dates are subject to change):
Emergency Room Access – Open 24/7:
- January 18 – Please continue to use the regular ER Entrance, as construction our temporary ER Entrance starts.
- March 15 – Please use the new Temp ER Entrance, located just to the right of the current ER entrance, while New ER Entrance is being built (March 15 – June 21)
- June 21 – New ER Entrance opens where the initial ER Entrance was.
- Main Hospital Entrance – Moving to the South, Back Side
- March 18 – Starting Mid-March, the Main Entrance on the north side of the building will CLOSE. The new Main Entrance will be moved to the south (back side) of the hospital. There will be FREE valet parking. You can quickly access the new entrance from 1100 E. Get Directions to New Hospital Main Entrance.
- North Medical Office Building
- March 22 – Starting Mid-March, you will only be able to access the North Medical Office Building from a covered walk way located on the northeast corner of the North Medical Office Building (just east of the Senior Center). You will not be able to access the North Medical Office Building from inside the hospital.
- Women’s Pavilion
- No impact to Women’s Pavilion Entrance – Please use the FREE Valet Parking if possible.
- East and Central Medical Office Buildings
- No impact to either of these entrances.
Dates above and on the map are subject to change.
Follow us on Social Media to stay up to date on our progress!
Sign up to receive information about this construction project and St. Mark’s Hospital services and events! Here is a sample at the bottom of this page.
The form was successfully sent.
There was an error with the form submission.