For Our Patients
Online Pre-Registration & Scheduling
You may pre-register online if you:
Select Your Facility Below To Get Started
Helpful Hints On How To Register For Your Visit
We accept most HMO/PPO insurance plans, most types of Medicaid, and all Medicare patients. Brigham City Community Hospital is a MountainStar facility. Check our list of accepted health insurance plans here. If you have questions about your coverage at our facility, please call your insurance company. The insurance customer service phone number should be listed on your insurance card.
Co-payments are determined by your insurance company and based on specific plan benefits. For most services, the co-payment will be listed on your insurance card. Co-payments/patient portions are due at the time of service. We offer a prompt pay discount on payments made at time of service.
Authorization is a requirement of many insurance companies and will vary based on the procedure. In most cases, your physician's office will obtain pre-authorization.
Pre-registration should be completed prior to the date of service in order to expedite the check-in process. General demographic and insurance information is required to complete pre-registration.
Requirements for all registrations include:
- Insurance card copy
- Valid picture ID
- Co-payment / patient portion
- Consent signature
- Physician's order
Box Elder County Residents: You have access to our Hospital
Thanks to the Rural Access to Healthcare Providers Act
In 2001 the Utah Legislature passed, and the Governor signed into law, a bill called “Rural Access to Healthcare Providers” (SB175). The law has the following effects with respect to you and Brigham City Community Hospital:
- If you are a resident of Box Elder County and are enrolled in a commercial health maintenance organization (HMO) or a similar health plan, you may use the services of Brigham City Community Hospital. Your Insurance plan must pay as if in network.
The HMO or health insurance plan in which you participate must pay the hospital for those services at rates it would pay other hospitals with which it has contracts for comparable service. As with all such health plans, you must follow the prior authorization requirements of your HMO or health insurance plan.
If you wish to be accommodated at Brigham City Community Hospital, the HMO or health insurance plan cannot require you to go elsewhere if the service is offered at Brigham City Community Hospital.
We will be happy to help you navigate this with your insurance provider. Call us at 435.734.4352 for more information or assistance.
Inpatient Registration Information
Inpatient status means patients that are staying overnight at Brigham City Community Hospital. We receive inpatient stays by way of surgical procedures, maternity services, and direct admissions (generally via the Emergency Department).
- Scheduling: Patients are scheduled for surgery by their physician’s office. The physician’s office must call Brigham City Community Hospital’s operating room with information on the patient and the procedure to be performed.
- Pre-Registration: You may pre-register by telephone or in person.
Call: (435) 734-4157
Or visit our pre-op registration desk in the hospital’s main lobby.
- Pre-Op Nurse: All surgical procedures require a visit with the pre-op nurse. This must occur within seven days prior to the procedure. The nurse reviews the medical history with the patient, discusses the procedure being performed and any preparations the patient should make. Any necessary pre-operative tests will be done at this time. To set up a pre-op appointment, please call (435) 734-4157
- Day before service: Day Surgery Unit staff calls the patient the day before service to inform them of the time they should arrive at the hospital.
- Day of service: Patients report to Day Surgery if they have gone through pre-op procedures. If the patient has not, then they must stop at the Admitting Office with their physician’s orders to complete the registration. Any co-pays, deductibles or co-insurance required by your insurance should be paid on or before time of service, or talk with one of our financial counselors.
- Pre-Registration: Patient forms are available through our main Registration Department, the Family Birth Place or through the patient’s OB/GYN office. These forms gather basic demographic and insurance information of registration completion and insurance verification.
Pre-Registration forms should be completed at the beginning of the second trimester or at the time you select Brigham City Community Hospital for your delivery. Completed forms can be mailed into the facility or submitted at our main Registration office.
- Day of service: When your delivery date arrives, report directly to our Labor & Delivery unit (north-west corner of hospital. Please bring your insurance cards with you. Any co-pays, deductibles or co-insurance required by your insurance should be paid on or before time of service, or talk with one of our financial counselors.