Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center
3100 Channing Way
Idaho Falls, ID 83404
- New U Surgical Weight Loss Center is a “Bariatric Center of Excellence.”
- The American College of Cardiology has challenged hospitals to meet a 90-minute goal for "door to balloon" times for heart attack patients. The American Heart Association has set a goal of 64 minutes. EIRMC has far surpassed these national “best practices” – our average is 48 minutes.
- Heart Center offers the “beating heart” or off-pump method to keep a patient’s heart beating during coronary bypass surgery – 96.7 percent of the time compared with 21.2 percent nationally. This method has been proven to decrease complications, improve recoveries and reduce mortality rates.
- Idaho’s only Level 1 Intensive Care Unit.
- Only one of two designated Level II Trauma Centers in Idaho; only about 100 of America’s nearly 5,000 hospitals have achieved this level of care.
Our Track Record of Excellence
It’s one thing to say that you’re better, but it’s another thing altogether to demonstrate that you are. At Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center, we’re proud that our track record of excellence can be documented through quality recognition achieved by our hospitals year after year.
Here is a list of recent accomplishments and awards achieved by our hospital as designated by third party quality agencies:
- Cancer Center is designated as a “Community Hospital Comprehensive Cancer Program” by the ACS Commission on Cancer, a distinction belonging to very few hospitals in similar-sized cities.